Wednesday, April 18, 2012

BIS Trinkets for frost DK= Hurricane card?

I am a frost DK that respected into haste and uses UH presence. I read that the hurricane card is the BIS trinket for my set up. What do you think? Does it proc enough to really make a dps difference?
I would have to say Crushing Weight and Heart of Rage if we're not including the trinket off Rag. Apparatus could replace Crushing Weight, depends on what you have available.

I would think that the extra haste from the Crushing Weight procs leads to more KM procs which leads to more dps than the Hurricane card procs. I have the card, and honestly, I never notice when it procs. Then again, im not really looking for it either.
From what I've read the DMC Hurricane isn't BIS until you get to 4pc T-12. But even then it would depend on the rest of your gear. Pretty good talk about trinket weights on EJ forums.
Until you hit Rag, Heart of Rage and License to Slay are BiS - unless you can't use the hit on License to Slay, then Essence of Eternal Flame and Crushing Weight are slightly better (and Essence contains more utility for Frost due to the cd lining up with PoF).

Apparatus is worse than any of them, but if you're not really raiding then grab any two you can get and focus on learning to use your priority system and cooldowns effectively - a trinket here or there is not going to make or break your DPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment