Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What presence should I use as a PvP Frost DK?

A lot of people told me to go unholy presence, but this youtube video I was watching told me that I should go frost... If it is a situational thing, let me know when to use what. thanks!
I use unholy presence because i can get more hits off in the same period of time so more burn. Also spamming necrotic with a good snare to kill healers....especially those pesky druids.
Unholy. The reduced global cooldown is too good to drop.

Dks however do sometimes go into Blood Pres when getting trained.
On white damage: 10% boost to dmg from Frost equals 10% attack speed boost from UH.

However imo, .5 seconds off cooldowns + 10% faster rune regen from UH is much better than 10% runic power regen + 10% dmg on special attacks that Frost would bring.

Toss in the 15% movement speed bonus from UH and to me, it's a no brainer.

Faster (more) necrotic strikes to shut down healers. 10% more KM procs from auto-attacks. Faster EVERYTHING. And when paired with the 10% increase in rune regen to help the cooldown reduction not leave you rune starved, it's just amazing for burst.

Think about this: 1.5 second GCD on a strike means 2 strikes every 3 seconds in Frost presence. In UH presence you could do 3 strikes in the same 3 seconds. That is a HUGE increase in dmg - way more than 10%. And if all 3 strikes generated runic power, that's adding a lot more runic power than 2 strikes + 10% more RP generated per strike.

Don't take my word for it, try it yourself. Go duel people twice, once in each stance, and then decide.

I just started pvping on my dk and my gear still kind of sucks but I started off in frost presence and it seemed like I was waiting for my runes a lot when I tried to burst.

I switched to unholy and it's so much easier going after healers being able to get up 4-6 necrotics in just a couple secs and then being able to burst them down.

And if you pop empowered runed weapon to go for a burst kill - you can pull off fs's/ns/oblits so much faster. Plus with K'M procs you can pull off 2 20k+ crits in a second...
Haste is our #1 secondary stat priority.

Mobility and flexibility are must haves in PvP.

I think the answer is clear.
I would like to add this:

Talented Frost Pres gives 14-15% damage boost.

and if you use a speed enchant on boots you run at 107% in frost pres, unholy adds another 8% bringing it to 115%.

just a little extra data to help people make their decision

Haste is our #1 secondary stat priority.

Mobility and flexibility are must haves in PvP.

I think the answer is clear.


No its not mastery is...
Used to dps/pvp in frost presence, then i tried unholy presence and said "holy !@#$!" my dps jumped up by a good 3k. The reduced gcd and 15% movement speed increase, as well as attack speed increase is just too good to pass up

No comments:

Post a Comment