Wednesday, April 18, 2012

DK self efficiency?

I'm looking to level/gear up an alt here just for funsies on the side of my normal mains. I don't expect i'll have the time to arena seriously on it, so it will probably just be a bg hero for when I'm bored.

Was looking at either gearing my Warrior or leveling my 70 DK. I had originally planned on using for my warrior, but warrior in bg's tends to be a bit reliant on having a pocket healer, and i'm most likely going to be playing this toon solo.

So I was looking into DK to see if it was more self sufficient for solo play pvp. I would have gone Ret for obvious reasons, but Ret is like omg boring. I'm looking for that same sort of self reliance that Ret has, and was wondering if you all thought DK might be a good choice for this type of play. I haven't played one since wrath launch, and I know the death strike nerf has changed things recently.
blood is good against random idiots in BGs with good survivability.
frost is purely a burst spec now with limited survivability.
unholy is a control spec, less bursty, more pressure and i'd say the same limited survivability.

for just random BG fun, i enjoy frost

I probably won't ever try blood for PvP

So as far as frost and unholy's "limited survivability" as you say, how would you compare DK self efficiency to that of say a warrior. Particularly without the help of a pocket healer.
I don't have an 85 warrior to compare, but I'd say warrior is ahead still. MS, stuns, fears, CC breakers, innate heals while doing damage, etc. DKs still seem to be a major train magnet too, people just go out of their way to take out the DK first.

No comments:

Post a Comment