Monday, April 16, 2012

Death Knight tanking suggestions

As it stands, Death Knights have the least intuitive designs of the tanks. My suggestions are as follows:

Make Bone Shield cost 15-20 RP instead of an Unholy Rune

Make Dancing Rune Weapon cost 25-30 RP

Increase the armor bonus by 4% and stamina bonus by 2% from Blood Presence to make up for:

Remove Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle. It was originally implemented because DKs couldn't obtain Defense Rating from 2H weapons (except that green axe from that one Icecrown quest). Now it increases armor by 4% and stamina by 2%, and AFAIK, most if not all DKs use Swordshattering now.

Remove Heart Strike. In its place: "The Death Knight's Death Strike ability now costs 2 Blood Runes and applies the Blood Boil effect when used"

Blood Rites changed to be activated upon Festering Stike and Outbreak due to Death Strike costing Blood Runes.

Magic Suppression and Anti-Magic Zone should be in the Blood tree instead of Unholy; Magic Suppression should be rolled into Toughness.

I haven't played my DK since Cataclysm came out when I read how backwards they'd become. So I don't have the playing experience to know if this would help or make everything worse. Please let me know and feel free to make suggestions.
I agree with the reduction in cost to DRW, as (even glyphed) it seems as though I build more threat when I spam RS in lieu of using DRW. The reduction would definitely make it way more appealing and add a bit of strategy to (let's be honest) a fairly lackluster tanking "rotation".

With Bone Shield, however, I'd personally prefer that it keeps it's rune cost but at a reduced cooldown. Couple that with Death Strike spam for Blood Shield and a DK tank would be a monster, and far less "spikey" (i.e. Hp bouncing up and down like the stock market.)

Heart Strike imo is far better than spamming a lackluster attack like Blood Strike which is largely relegated to worthlessness as I tend to dump my blood runes a.s.a.p. to proc blade barrier. And the double Br cost on Death Strike would already make a nerfed ability even more so. Blood Rites currently procs on Death Strike usage as is and allows for a constant upkeeping of Blood Shield, which aside from Avoidance stats, is one of our best abilities at mitigating boss damage.

IMO, Magic Suppression and AMZ getting moved to Blood would make Unholy almost totally unappealing, gutting an already deficient tree of much needed utility.

Just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment