Saturday, April 21, 2012

Blood DK PVP FC?

I'm looking into making a blood spec for flag carrying in Rated BG's and had a few questions. Looking through the forums I see that I should be reforging to mastery where possible but I had some questions as far as enchants and glyphs.

For enchants such as gloves I have seen that some dks are taking mastery over strength. Which enchants would be more beneficial? Also I know that blood dks do fairly low damage in pvp so is it worth it to take spell pen at all? Since it would only effect diseases I don't really see it being something overly worth gemming or chanting for unless there isn't a viable alternative like possibly a cloak.

Also could someone point me at a good blood dk that I could possibly look at to see how they may be specced?

Thanks in advance.
Feel free to use my spec, it works great for me (great self-healing). Also, this may just be my personal opinion, but dont overly stack mastery, alot times when your the FC youre gettin trained from behind *cough*. I found it has worked well to balance out your mastery, stamina, dodge, parry etc as much as possible. Ive yet to lose a battle where I was the FC, but then again, Ive also had some really great healers behind me.
Idk too much about the "science" behind blood FCing. I often hear Resil>Stam yet I see more and more FC's Stacking Stam. Idk. My stuff has been working pretty well yet Idk.
Thanks for the advice. We just haven't had a consistent FC for our RBG's so I was looking into possibly doing it. I'm more most consistent DPS and would prefer to do that but sometimes ya gotta do what you gotta do to help the group.
ANd very true bout the healers. Good healers make or break a good RBG.
I run Warsong Gulch more than any other BG and have a lot of experience as FC. I tested out a lot of different combinations with reforging, gems, enchants just so I could get the best survivability for FC. So go ahead and take a look at my statistics and see what has worked best for me (although you need to work with what abilities your race has to offer too).
I also keep three different Trinkets for different situations in BG's, I have two alchemist stones, one with extra stam, one for strength (although I don't use the strength much in FC situations) and I keep Gladiators badge of Victory and Gladiators medallion of Tenacity, together giving me much more resil than you will see with my profile the way it is currently. If there are a bunch of melee I concentrate on Stamina because it works hand in hand with Mastery. If there are more ranged/casters then I'll use my extra resilience.

Try to keep your options open but one thing that is a necessity is a large amount of stamina. If you're going to be a flag carrier, then from the moment you appear in the room you should have enough stamina for everyone to know that you are the best choice for FC (Just make sure that you have the skill and experience to back it up otherwise you'll just end up assisting in a loss.)

No comments:

Post a Comment