Saturday, April 21, 2012

Survivability as Frost in Solo pve

Hey guys,


I just got my DK to 85 after having him sit idle since wotlk. Gearing up is going well, slow but well. I am reforging to hit/expertise to cap, following the pve guide listed up top. My damage is amazing, however I find in solo pve 2-3 mobs give me trouble, even with the dark succor glyph, and my cooldowns.

I can kill them fine, they however can bring my health down quick, especially if I don't get procs. I try to make use of death strike, but it seems like I get burned down a tad fast in solo pve. I know it's probably a gear thing, but figured I would ask. Any ideas?

I am dw frost if it matters.
You are a glass cannon for the most part, try not to pull more than 1-2 at a time if you don't like seeing your health dip.
Depends on what your solo'ing I suppose. You can always leave your DPS gear on and go blood spec for the tougher fights. This is what I do for the Elite mobs and mini-bosses in the Molten Front. This works for soloing raids too.

Edit: didn't look at your gear first. You've got to get a lot more gear before you can solo 3+ mobs. Once you do though, it's ez.
Thank you all, and sarghurim I am already gearing up much quicker than anticipated. If my armory updated, I was very blessed these past two days, especially with the weapons from Heroic Deadmines to tide me over till ZA/ZG.

Appreciate the input guys

No comments:

Post a Comment