Saturday, April 21, 2012

So how gear dependent is UH dps?

I recently picked up the 378 Axe off shannox as well as a few other pieces, and moved from DW frost (2x 353 weapons) and my dps did go up just not as consistently as i wanted. Probably from 14kish (average i had higher and lower) to 16kish I have hit as hitgh as 22k and as low as 13 depending on fight mechanics. I am just wondering if I will get higher performance out of 2h frost given my gear or if 2h UH will probably be my best bet unless I can lay my hands on a pair of the 378 boe 1h axes (unlikely). Personally I prefer unholy as it is seen less often and fits my consistency over potential play style.
So for the more experienced dps DKs out there the real question is should I just keep grinding out the JP and t11 upgrades I can get and stick with UH or will Frost give me more while getting the gear to back UH up?
All class/spec combos depend on gear. You won't magically jump up 6k DPS once you reach a magic item level. Your gear, as is, doesn't support UH very well at all. If you want to do Unholy, you need to trade all of your expertise for Haste and Mastery.
Switch to D/W frost, get better gear, continue to be D/W frost, and put out more damage then you will as Unholy. If you want to play unholy, because you like the play style better, or whatever your reason, then play Unholy, but you're going to want to go read up on stat weights for unholy. It's not a matter of gear dependance, there's no magical point in gear level where unholy is going to be better then D/W frost at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment