Thursday, April 19, 2012

How exactly do I go around leveling as frost

So numerous sources tell me frost is godly for leveling what with the movement speed and all. Right now I'm blood and I do icy touch ->Plague Strike -> Heart strike if there are adds, otherwise spam death strike. Death coil as a rune dump.

I'm just confused about frost. All I really know is to use frost strike as a rune dump over death coil. But... confused from there.
Howling blast -> obliterate -> obliterate -> frost strike x however many.

Rinse and repeat.

Before u get howling replace it with icy touch.

You get obliterate at like 62.... before that just use plague / blood strike.

use your insta crits (killing machine) on obliterate first, or frost if obl is down.
use your free howling / icy casts as soon as they pop.

GO DUAL WIELD, NOT 2H! The killing machine procs are nuts, and stuff melts. Because its hard to get str 1 handers in old content, just use the agil 1handers. the agil mace 1handers from heirlooms work great.

Add: Toss in your buffs / ghoul as u see fit for extra speed in killing, and get the talent that makes you move faster while mounted.

Also, use UNHOLY presence when you get it.... obviously frost until then.
Also If this is for leveling, When you get down the near end of the tree, Ignore Improve frost presence and grab Chillbains, Having a slow is useful sometimes, and Snaring melee mobs in group quests allows you to solo them.
SO I have the 2h heirloom axe. Would 2 1h heirlooms really speed it up that much? or is the difference trivial
Trival is basically a few % damage difference, It does not really matter all that much, When Catacylsm came out, And I went from Unholy to Frost going for Realm First Death Knight, which I did, I used a Two hander the entire time from 80-85 (Mainly because it was Shadowmourne, Until Ring of Blood part 3, then got the 333 Sword). When you finally get into dungeons and raids though is where you want to get the 1 handers, and in the case of PvP, The 2 hander.
MMM if you already have the 2h then using that is fine. The difference for leveling isnt super high, and is more of a preference. I found the 2 1h to be quicker onn each mob, because of wasted swing timer on the 2h. But then again, I already have all the heirlooms... just using the 2h is fine, but if u can afford the 2 1h, get it instead, you will be surprised.
Thanks everyone =) your suggestions are workin out.

I think I might just get a 2nd one hander, just because dual-wielding is so frickin' cool. srz. hrwrhvh wv rw

No comments:

Post a Comment