Saturday, April 21, 2012

Tired of the haste stackers.

Mastery > Haste. In addition. Frost Presence > Unholy Presence. You get better sustained damage from it. That is all.
Too soon! What is the meaning of this claim?!

EDIT: But on a serious note, is this mastery stacked/Frost Presence viable?
Probably not
Why are you tired of them? Just let them do what they want and you do your thing. You can see who does more on the charts.
Haste > mastery. unholy pres > frost pres.
EJ says otherwise.
I'm sorry, 30k single target dps in 5+ min fights isn't sustainable enough when stacking haste. 2 weeks ago

Also, faster run speed is HUGE.
What are you all talking about? It's been proven several times, Frost still edges unholy numbers wise. Also, if you're going to take Mastery over haste then you would need to keep IFP instead of ditching it for Chilblains like most frost specs do for Chilblains. Anyhow, show your proof before throwing out your speculations/assumptions.
In 5 mans all it is is burst damage. On a serious note, it is viable. And don't listen to everything EJ says. I remember when Cataclysm first launched and they said to reforge away from haste. And for run speed, simply put mastery + run speed on your boots. You don't sacrifice a terrible amount of dps and you run faster...maybe not as fast as UH presence but with Frost presence and mastery you can get more out of your FS considering you use it more often than Obliterate.

I'm not sure how organized this is, but whatever. With more mastery you increase 3 abilities: HB, FS, frost fever. With haste you only increase the USE of one: Obliterate.

I mean, I'm not ranked or anything. But I can do greater sustained damage as compared to my haste stacking friend that is also in my guild. I can burst around 40k and end up at around 26-27k at the end of the fight on easy ones like Baleroc. On 10 man.
@Murava I read your post wrong. I thought you were claiming 30k dps in 5 mans. >.< I was like wut? Sorry about that.

I suppose it's whatever works to get you the numbers you desire. I go with mastery. Others that wish to do so can go with haste.
In 5 mans all it is is burst damage. On a serious note, it is viable. And don't listen to everything EJ says. I remember when Cataclysm first launched and they said to reforge away from haste. And for run speed, simply put mastery + run speed on your boots. You don't sacrifice a terrible amount of dps and you run faster...maybe not as fast as UH presence but with Frost presence and mastery you can get more out of your FS considering you use it more often than Obliterate.

I'm not sure how organized this is, but whatever. With more mastery you increase 3 abilities: HB, FS, frost fever. With haste you only increase the USE of one: Obliterate.

I mean, I'm not ranked or anything. But I can do greater sustained damage as compared to my haste stacking friend that is also in my guild. I can burst around 40k and end up at around 26-27k at the end of the fight on easy ones like Baleroc. On 10 man.




haste also increases swing speed, and dw melee is 4h top damage, plus increases rune regen, and disease dots, and gcds. so...... only obliterate?



and if a stat increases ur number 1 spell, how is that bad, IF IF IF it is by a substantial amount?
It's not bad. I would agree that haste is a good stat. But going out of your way to reforge mastery to haste wouldn't be a gain, in my opinion.
Deleted by Brossann
apologies for not being on my dk, at work with no authenticator...

but u do, seems to me u either go UHP and sack haste, mastery a decent 2nd

or go FP and stack mastery

so it is an all or nothing build. plus with the extra talents go into UH for better dots and forget Chillblains, or go more into blood for damage and IFP in frost.

cant do both, either one or the other imo, u split and u lose dps.
I'll take haste > mastery until proven otherwise.
Okay, Coming from someone that has ranked. (Just changed my name back I was Ãaliyah) NO mastery is dumb.

You need to understand about frost and how it works. The bulk of frost's dmg is from obliterate, and it always will be. To get enough mastery to make frost strike match the dmg that Obliterate does is nuts.

So basically whats going to end up happening is,
(Now these are just numbers out of my head)

40k ob 50k 40k ob (and Since your being a good dk and saving next to all km procs on Ob)
25k fs 40k fs 30k fs

So that being said your numbers going to do something like
30k dps 28kdps 29k dps 27k dps. Your going to keep going down, and down more because your frost strikes are not going to match up to what your obliterates are doing.

And if your saving your KMs for Frost strike, your being dumb because its not going to do as much as obliterate does with km. About the only way you will get close is using aparatus for mastery.

So basically my point is , the reason all the top frost dks that have ranked are haste is because basically, The more ob's you get off the more sustained dmg you will get because that is your hardest hitting move



(Now if you look at this for just my spelling mistakes, your dumb and you need to go away)
Honestly, im about to try the mastery/frost presence build myself. This unholy haste stacking build just doesnt work for me. You can armory my toon, spec, and what not but I only seem to pull 15.5k consistent dps on the dummy...and in raids (Shannox, Beth, Al'Akir are ones I did last night with flask up) I only do around 17-19k tops.

In BOT I was doing around 33-35k on halfus, 16k on the twins and council only around 14-15k

WTF am I doing wrong? If I need to make a new post about all this I will but I have read every guide on these forums AND the EJ guide. I am still experiencing "dead" moments in my rotation where no runes are up and I have no runic power...and im just white hitting, and I know this is killing my dps.

I downloaded both DDR and CLCDK for helping this fix the issue but its not...im following clcdk rotation to the tee and still getting these "dead" spots and only 15k dps on dummy with self buffs.


feel free to criticize me if it helps me get better!
Deleted by Brossann
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/kcsd7an83wdtfen1/sum/damageDone/?s=2813&e=3123

That's my Baleroc report. Was wednesday.
I disabled clcdk...focused on EJ priority list and am now getting around 16.2k dps on dummy consistent without any flasks, buffs (other than horn of winter) and pillar of frost. Is this pretty good for my gear or should I be expecting more? Yes, I know dummys are meant for rotation practice and not dps checks but im unable to raid any right now....and the 5 man heroics buff (+15% dmg) doesnt really give me a good idea of what to expect in a raid either.

No comments:

Post a Comment