Thursday, April 19, 2012

Fellow frost dk in need of help!

Can someone look my spec over/ gear and give me any tips. I have been banging my head against a wall trying to figure out what im doing wrong.

My gear is ok and pretty solid. Not gonna break 4pc t-11 until i get at least 2pc t-12 which should be tuesday.

I have been told by my GM that my DPS needs to improve and i cant seem to figure it out so it must be my rotation.

Here are my latest logs.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9im0pyvzpaspgvbh/

bump
Gear looks good, You're at both Hit and EXP Cap.

From the logs it looks like your damage for Obliterate is SUPER low.

From the looks of it you are using too many of your KM procs on FS instead of Oblit.

Happens when you spam FS too much, or are spamming your buttons instead of tapping them for each CD.

Remember Runic Empowerment can refresh your Runes as well, so dont spam your FS button.

Also if your Obliterate is one second or shorter away from being up and you get KM wait till Oblit is up to use it.
So basically i should not use the FS when Rime is up as much?

Seems like by not using the ability that would lower my DPS or am i wrong. I hit them as they become available should i just wait for the HB and OB procs only?


OB crits a LOT harder than FS, which will raise DPS and Damage Done. Just wait the extra couple of seconds.
You are not prioritizing Obliterate over Frost Strike for KM procs.

I see you had 91 KM procs on the Domo kill, but only 66 FS/OB crits. This is not correct usage of the proc.

Also, Howling Blast shows as 8 uses on the same fight. You had 29 Rime procs. This is your cleave mechanic, especially in the cat phase on this particular fight. This is a free 15k damage singletarget, a lot more on multi-target....why not use it?

Your Blood Fever (plague strike/outbreak) uptime is 81.5% for that fight. Too low.

I don't know if you've already done this, but macroing your Essence into your Pillar is great since they line right up.

Gearing is fine, though you only need 5% hit, so....reforge away from hit.
Is there a good rune tracker that anyone uses that would help me with this? i use docs deathrunes now but only really shows my blood plague up time.

Im not really good with macros how would i set that up. I know how to make a macro but not sure on how it would read to work correctly.


No, you're going to have to actually learn how to play your spec. This is one of the hardest specs in the game, after all. (/endsarcasm)
Someone always has to have a smartass answer. Just because someone asks for help doesnt mean we dont know how to play. L2 not be an !@#$%^-!
Deleted by Brossann
I use Forte for my Disease tracking, it also shows my buffs as well in handy timers.
Also as a DK you definately want to try to keybind as much as you can.
I cheat a little bit and use a Nostromo Speedpad, which is awesome.
I have 2 sets of 14 buttons bound to it, using Bartender and Paging using ALT bound to the thumb button on it.
I also have the Warcraft mouse with more buttons bound to it.

I'm not at home right now but I'll throw up a pic of my UI when I get home tonight for you to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment